Old May 30th 08, 05:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
litefrozen[_3_]

Default SD card & built in card reader problem

doS wrote:
as HH said, confirm it isnt the card.

I confirmed it wasn't the cards the first thing.

I believe I may have found the problem. It's looking like the contacts
in the card reader itself. They are not making proper contact with the
contacts on the cards.

I found if I insert then remove then reinsert the card a couple of times
it would mount properly.

So either the contacts are not tight enough against the card contacts or
the contacts in the card reader need cleaning.

I had not noticed this before because I had never used the built in card
reader before.