Old May 29th 08, 03:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS[_8_]

Default SD card & built in card reader problem

as HH said, confirm it isnt the card.

"litefrozen" wrote in message
m...
I have a Aspire 5100-3583 with a built in card reader with Vista Home
Premium SP1.

I have a Lexar 1GB SD card and a Kodak 128MB SD card which I'm having
problems.

I can't get Vista to read the SD card. it shows up as a SD Card in
"Computer" but won't read. If I try to open it, it says to "Please insert
disk into SD drive"

when I try to format the card in Vista, in the format window where it says
"capacity", it says "unknown capacity".

I have checked the acer site and I have what appears to be the updated
driver "ENE Card Reader Driver 3.00.00" and the windows KB936825 update
was already installed.