Old August 29th 03, 12:54 AM
netwolf68

Right now, I also have 512MB RAM, but only have an Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67
GHz). Do you think that's close enough?

"fasdfa" wrote in message
"netwolf68" wrote in
:

Recently my geForce4 went bad and much to my chagrin, I found out that
the "lifetime warranty" on it is only valid with the original reciept,
which I cannot find. Looks like it's time to buy a new video card.

I do play my fair share of games, but am no means obsessed with maxing
out my frame rates. Besides from what I've read, the radeo 9700 and
9800 chipsets are just as good if not better than the geForce4 anyhow.

The PVR capabilities on the All In Wonder versions of these cards
interests me a lot though. What I would like to do is to record TV
shows and be able to burn them to DVD. I would also like to use this
card to convert a bunch of stuff I have on VHS (taped sporting events
mostly) to DVD as well.

If anyone has done this with either the 9700, 9700 Pro, 9800, or 9800
Pro versions of the All In Wonder, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

I have the AIW 9700 Pro. I use it extensively to convert VHS to DVD and

capture DVD quality video.

I'm running a P4 2.4ghz with 512megs RAM. Your computer must be fast to
get the highest quality video capture.