Old August 24th 03, 05:38 AM
James Hill

"netwolf68" wrote in message
Recently my geForce4 went bad and much to my chagrin, I found out that the
"lifetime warranty" on it is only valid with the original reciept, which I
cannot find. Looks like it's time to buy a new video card.

I do play my fair share of games, but am no means obsessed with maxing out
my frame rates. Besides from what I've read, the radeo 9700 and 9800
chipsets are just as good if not better than the geForce4 anyhow.

The PVR capabilities on the All In Wonder versions of these cards

interests
me a lot though. What I would like to do is to record TV shows and be

able
to burn them to DVD. I would also like to use this card to convert a

bunch
of stuff I have on VHS (taped sporting events mostly) to DVD as well.

If anyone has done this with either the 9700, 9700 Pro, 9800, or 9800 Pro
versions of the All In Wonder, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

I have an AIW 9000 Pro which I got for watching & recording TV. The recorded
video is just fair. I like it's TV features. In another machine, I have a
Navis Pro .It has an onboard tuner. It records and captures the best video
I've seen. Far superior to any other card in its price range and many above
its price range.
The software is a little quirky, but the video this card produces is so
good, I overlook its quirks. It's not a video card, so you'd have to buy one
separately.

http://www.bernclare.com/navispro.htm

You can email or call this company and they will discuss the card with you.
They were forthcoming about the cards negatives. You should definitely check
this card out.