Old July 17th 03, 01:39 AM
Dillon Family

I did a search on that amdk7.sys file, and I seem to have it in several
locations on my XP laptop, including in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 as well as C:\I386 and some file folders
with long numerical strings. So, I guess I have the software (all the files
in question have the Date Modified as 8/29/2002. It just doesn't show up as
a separate function in the power section of Control Panel.

Thanks.

"John Edward Scott" wrote in message

"Dillon Family" wrote in message
Can the PowerNow software be installed on a machine with XP? I thought

an
earlier post mentioned XP had it built in. I can't see it in control

panel
or power settings.

My 710US is freeze-free for the moment (even with 384 MB of ram) and

seems
to be cooler after running a Softpaq that had to do with updating the
controller (or something). But would like to know about the PowerNow

thing.
Thanks and good luck.

SNIP

Hi Dillon,

Yes the PowerNow has an install for XP, it's a LOT more minimal than the
2000/ME/98 install, infact looking at it all it installs is the AMDK7.SYS
file, so you could just look to see if that's already installed on your
machine.

On Win2000, the PowerNow tab appears in Power Options (Start - Control
Panel - Power Options), I assuming something similar will happen in XP if
it's installed properly.

John.

---