Old January 14th 07, 11:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Bob Administrator

Default Making a bootable dvd: Update

Hello smh,
Well, I finally managed to boot from the said dvd yesterday.
I was swapping dvds in and out of the drive and left one in while I rebooted
my OS.
As it was booting I saw the message about pressing a key to boot from CD,
so I did and then there was another message saying it was going to boot from
cd/dvd, and voila! it did!

Thanks for your time.

Hello smh,
When I load the said iso file into PowerIso, the option to add boot in
formation is greyed out, so I assume that the iso already has boot
information , because it has a boot folder, but then I am not sure if
boot info is in that folder, as I don't know what boot info is
required.
Sorry for the confusion
Thanks
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
Bob Administrator wrote:
Hello smh,
thanks for your replies, but when I use Nero to burn it or even burn
it as
an iso using PowerIso it doesn't boot.

From PowerISO:

Q: Can PowerISO make bootable CD?
A: Yes. PowerISO can add boot information to an non-bootable image
file
.
======================================
Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lie
======================================
======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 10/20/02
Subject: 4x CDRW's in 12x Writer?
I have tested non-HighSpeed erasables in my 12x HighSpeed
and 8x non-HighSpeed Plextors and find substantially higher
error rates at 4x in the HighSpeed drives.
The above is an unadulterated white LIE. There was NO way Mike
Richter
could have found "error rates". First, there was NO error rate
measuring software supporting Plextors. Second, even if there was
such a software, it could not have found error rates -- because
the above Plextors do NOT report C1 errors.
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!