Old October 14th 04, 01:43 PM
J. Clarke

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:16:17 -0400, "Locutus"
wrote:

Im not going to comment on the "cost per" quotes you made
I will say that a dvd will last 100 times longer than an HDD
Plus if the HDD dies you lose ALL your data
unless there is a fire you will not lose all the DVD/CD,s
DVD/CD's are easier to transport,will handle shock,moisture and all other
things that will kill an HDD So in conclusion DVD/CD storage is cheaper in
the long run

DVD-RAM is used by the Pros, and out performs all other types of back
up..

Also used in Pro equipment..

To which "Pros" are you referring? And in what manner does it "out perform
all other types of backup"? Capacity? Speed? Reliability?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)