Old October 23rd 03, 12:23 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Paul Soderman wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!

There is software designed explicitly for burning concurrently to
several identical drives; the one I've seen (sorry, I don't remember
which) was a premium version of a common program, designed for a
duplication installation.

( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
"violates standards", Mikey? )

Prassi PrimoCD Plus and PrimoCD Pro64 simultaneously burn to 2 and 64
burners, respectively. Click'N Burn and RecordNow MAX simultaneously
burn to 64 burners. Nero simultaneously burns to 2 burners.

Other programs will let you do as you ask, using two instances of the
program writing to different drives from different source files.

None of the programs cited above require multiple instances.

In that
case, the drives do not have to be identical.

None of the programs cited above require identical drives (with only one
instance).

At one time, I
experimented successfully with that using CDRWin; both drives were on
the same SCSI card.

Save your two bit experience, and breath.

( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
"violates standards", Mikey? )

Mikey, you are a Scum!