Old October 1st 03, 06:39 PM
Dan G

Update Nero to version 5.5.10.42, it should work. Though use of packet
writing is not often recommended, especially with DVDRW.

"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
Hi all!
I recently bought a Sony DRU 510A DVD burner so I could start using
DVDR/RW's.
This complements the drives I already have - Yamaha CRW2200E cd burner
and Liton DVD/CD drive.
Running Win98se. Previously I used Nero6 with Incd4 for packet
writing. I understood these should also work with DVDR/RW's.
Problem was that neither Nero or Incd would recognize my new DRU 510A.
So I uninstalled them and installed the s/w that came with the drive -
RecordNow DX and DLA.
Both work with all drives but DLA is a pain in the butt.
After starting the pc, I can't access any of the drives. If I try to
run a program that uses a cd in the drive, I get the "drive not
accessible" message. I can't even eject the cd using the eject button
on the drive.
They only way is to go into My Computer or Windows Explorer and click
on each drive and then it's OK (assumming it has a cd/dvd in it).
Even then it's sometimes iffy and I don't see the label of the cd next
to the drive letter even though I see it's contents.
Sometime it the past I thought I had a problem with Incd and got into
the habit of disabling it at startup and just clicking on a shrtcut to
incd.exe when I needed it. Worked great.
Can't seem to to this with DLA.
Is there any other stand-alone packet writing software out there that
works with DVDRW's?

Jeff