Old July 23rd 03, 09:00 PM
Russell E. Owen

In article ,
(Brendan R. Wehrung) wrote:

You may be printing more color than you realize. When I want a black and
white page I set it that way (balck only) in print properties, because
many times a page is sent with color information and what you see is
composite black in the final product.

Possible but unlikely. I mostly print black text. The driver would have
to be stunningly stupid to get that wrong.

Also the driver thought the color cartridge was mostly full (until it
died). Death was "power on the printer, get mysterious blinking error
light". The documentation hints that the PC driver includes some kind of
key for these blinking lights, but the Mac OS driver does not. The tech
support person said the cartridge had died (not emptied) and sent me
another one.

-- Russell