Old September 25th 18, 08:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Finding battery for a SONY VAIO laptop model PCG-71312L or VPCEB11FD

s wrote:
The battery model is VGP-BPS22. The laptop was bought in March 2010 so I
did not find any batteries on Sony website. The laptop cannot run
without being connected to a power cord. The battery in it no longer works.

I tried the suggestions at
https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/s...icles/00031889 but they
did not help. I see some offered on ebay.com which claim to work, but I
wanted to confirm which battery models would work with this laptop.

1. Where can I find a replacement battery which would work with this
laptop?

2. When buying a battery from unknown seller on Walmart, ebay etc. how
can I verify if that will work properly with this laptop?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...arket-analysis

"Sony's decision to exit the PC business means
that after 17 years in the industry, the Vaio brand
will probably disappear from western retailers before
the end of 2014."

https://www.theverge.com/2015/8/19/9...america-return

"VAIO also wants to move beyond the PC business"

IDK, I guess that suggests you'll be playing battery roulette.

I've not bought any laptop batteries, so I couldn't tell
you who to trust. (It probably wouldn't be that battery
store at the mall :-) )

Paul