Old August 15th 13, 04:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Default You're lucky you don't have an HPee

Got a whiz-bang HP multimedia tower to work on the other day. Motherboard had blown caps, so I ordered another one, same HP/Asus model number: MN268-LA. So the board that arrives is different, missing a mobo connector for a cable and some connectors on the I/O plate. It also had only one PCI slot, instead of the 2 PCIs of the original, but it has two PCI-e 1x slots. Or you can get the same part number with only two DDR2 DIMM sockets instead of four.

This shows how inept HP and its system assemblers are. You would think they would change the model of the physical configuration was different. Superb quality control.

The base model of the system is RX881AA, and the interior of the mini-tower case is pretty awful to work on, too.

Dell may have its detractors, like Carl Icahn, but Dell parts are dependably the same.

I won't even get into my adventures with a laptop hosed up by HPee's wonderful software to go with a wireless inkjet printer. Ack!!! Maybe I should turn down all work on HPee or HPaq systems? ... Ben Myers