Old June 24th 04, 01:44 PM
Alien Zord

"Greg Thomas" wrote in message
news:b6ACc.44$765.34@newsfe5-win...
I am about to enter the minefield of choosing a digital camera. I

basically
need it for fun holiday pics and digitising images for use on ebay etc.
However I would like at least half decend picture quality. I would be
willing to spend up to 140 pounds, have any of you had particularly

good/bad
experiences with particular cameras. What features are essential on your
camera that you couldnt live without?!

Just bought myself one a month ago. I've read all the available reports on
compact digital cameras and decided on a Canon A75. It was 169 at Ebuyer. A
brilliant camera! I used to work in the photographic industry so have pretty
high expectations and so far have not been disappointed. Excellent
sharpness, colour balance, contrast etc. It takes CF memory, which I prefer
and 4x AA batteries. Has 3x optical zoom, 4x digital, 13 modes of operation
from fully manual to fully auto, I have yet to use most of them, 3.2
megapixel, video and sound recording as well, macro etc. Small enough to fit
in my jacket pocket so I take it with me everywhere. Squeezes over 100 pics
on a 128MB CF card and I have 5 of those. I have a CF card reader in my work
and home PCs so don't bother with cables. I have always had Canon cameras,
still got A1 and AV1, and I'm pretty impressed with this one.