Old November 8th 03, 03:56 PM
OldFartJAC

I've also had a Plextor 1610A for 3 years until I gave it to my son 6 months
ago. Never a problem with it and it is still going strong. Why have you been
dealing with the problems for 3 years? It was under warranty for the 1st
year so you should have had it exchanged or had the problem looked into. Why
live with problems which could have been taken care of? A lot of times it's
the software you are using or the setup. Plextor is hardly defunct, I just
bought their newest DVD 708a a couple of months ago and it works great just
like the other 2 Plextors I have owned. I also own a couple of Liteon
48/12/48 CD/RW drives which also work good.
"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message
. ..
My Plextor PX-W1610A has been flakey the entire 3 yrs I've had it. At the

time
I bought it (with the system), I was told that Plextor was "the best."

Boy, I
hope not! Right now it's refusing to recognize that any disk is in it.

Even
trying to look at 'properties' freezes the system. I can't get into

Plextor's
website, which leaves me wondering -- are they defunct? Is there another

brand
that is more reliable?
--
Curtis Croulet