Old June 12th 15, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Skybuck's PC for 2015/2016. (inquiry)

"John McGaw" wrote in message ...

On 6/12/2015 11:51 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

As some of you know I promised myself a new PC for 2016. Maybe it was
going
to be an ARM thing or something....

However I do like the idea of owning a processor with my name in it:
"Skylake" processor

I did have a verbal fight once with somebody called "Lake" lol... but I
can
get over that...

I like the instruction set design of this new processor. I also like idea
that it has sha256 build in.

Last time I designed a new machine/PC it took many months and many
reviews.

I had some help from you guys providing links and such.

This time I also going to provide some requirements that my new PC has to
live up by.

It's not required to design an entire PC... because this is just a tiny
little sketch/inquiry into what's out there.

My main concern is HEAT.... last time... this was a major problem.
Eventually it was solved with low heat
components and also, which is very important. HEAT DETECTORS and FORCED
SHUTDOWN of system when OVERHEAT threatens to occur.

So my first question is basically this:

What motherboards are out there for Skylake processors which have OVERHEAT
DETECTION and OVERHEAT PROTECTION ?

"
AFAIK, all Intel CPUs for the past couple of decades have included
over-temperature throttling, at least to the extent required to prevent
actual meltdowns. Seeing as there are no actual official releases about
Skylake's internals I couldn't say for sure but it does seem likely that
Intel will continue their previous practice.
"

Read my text very carefully, though I am sure you did, but perhaps you miss
understand.

I am 100% not interested in cpu throttling, gpu throttling, or cpu/gpu
overheat detection.

As far as I know the CPU is ultimately not the boss, neither is the GPU.

The motherboard is the BOSS, the motherboard decides if the system keeps
running or not.

(Possibly via BIOS).

It would be foolish to make CPU the boss anyway... since GPU can overheat
the system too.

Therefore something on the motherboard needs to decide when to cut power.

I believe this is what the winfast motherboard does. (Please correct me if I
am wrong).

I definetly want and need a motherboard like that for my new system.

Anything else will simply not do.

I'd rather keep running my current system.. then buying a system that will
burn itself to death.

If the computer industry/pc industry needs to go to hell before motherboard
manufacturers understand that then so be it.

I wish you all a lane down hell.

But I will not join that lane

Bye,
Skybuck.