Old June 12th 15, 05:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
philo

Default Skybuck's PC for 2015/2016. (inquiry)

On 06/12/2015 10:51 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

As some of you know I promised myself a new PC for 2016. Maybe it was
going to be an ARM thing or something....

However I do like the idea of owning a processor with my name in it:
"Skylake" processor

I did have a verbal fight once with somebody called "Lake" lol... but I
can get over that...

I like the instruction set design of this new processor. I also like
idea that it has sha256 build in.

Last time I designed a new machine/PC it took many months and many reviews.

snip

Since a CPU is probably the least likely of all components to fail and
considering that a new machine will be obsolete in a few years anyway,
the last three machines I've built for people have been with the
inexpensive all-in-one motherboard/cpu combos.

The machine I built for my wife was a quad-core with 32 gigs of RAM

Works great, was super-easy to assemble and the power draw is very very
low. Not much chance of over-heating.

One of these days I may even build a new machine for myself.