Old October 30th 06, 11:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Is My motherBoard PCI Express Compatiable??

A motherboard with the Intel 845 chipset does not have a PCI Express slot. For
PCI Express, the board needs an Intel 900-series chipset... Ben Myers

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:18:54 -0000, lid (Apocolypse) wrote:

Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:

Compaq Presario 6000T
2.66 GHZ
1024 DDR Ram
Windows Xp (SP2)
and here is all the info I have found with some programs about my
Motherboard:
Motherboard Vendor:Microstar-International
Model:6A69VM4W
SERIAL#:311145336
Chipset Model:Intel 845(Brookdale Chipset)
BIOS MODEL:PHOENIX-AWARD BIOS v6.00PG
VENDOR:AWARD SOFTWARE INC.
BIOS I.D.:2/14/03-i845G-W627-6A69VM4WC-00
BIOS DATE:2/14/03

iF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH this info i need is this motheroard PCI
Express Compatiable Please Let me know or let me know if you need
additional info or the info on where to find outThank You,

Brian