Old January 11th 18, 12:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default "Microsoft reveals how Spectre updates can slow your PC down"

Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Microsoft reveals how Spectre updates can slow your PC down"

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/9/16...es-pc-slowdown

"It’s bad news for older Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines"

My office PC just got updated and rebooted for the second time this
week. I guess that my Intel I7-2600K cpu is dropping out of the fast lane.

Lynn

But Microsoft would say things like that.
Think about this.

1) The Windows 10 free upgrade was *extended* until January 31 or so of 2018.
2) Microsoft will then badmouth the older OSes, in an effort to
get you to "convert" to their telemetry OS.

Cool, eh.

The things a marketing monkey will say, to get a banana.

Paul