Old October 17th 16, 04:55 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Safe to format 4TB to NTFS

On 10/16/2016 5:14 PM, Jim wrote:
I have used EaseUS Partition Master 11.9 to format my WD Green to the
NTFS format, is this safe to do (safe as in drive not breaking down, and
losing data) or should i format to the GPT format?

The partitioning scheme is either GPT or MBR. The filesystem format is
anything you want, that can work over 4TB, of which NTFS is one of the
valid choices. I think another valid choice would be ExFAT, and any of
the Linux filesystems too (at least under Windows 10 Anniversary Update).

Yousuf Khan