Old July 22nd 05, 08:06 PM
Arthur Hagen

Fisher wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:05:50 -0400, "Arthur Hagen"
wrote:

A movie is 24fps for comparision).

As comparison to a game it is useless data.

That depends on the game. Not all games are action games where fast
reflexes makes a difference.

It also depends on the monitor -- if your LCD monitor can't update
faster than 25fps (like a 40ms LCD display) or even 62fps (16ms
display), it makes no difference whatsoever whether FRAPS reports 75
or 200 fps. Except that by generating all the unneccessary graphics
that is discarded, you steal resources that the game could use for
other things, like AI or pathfinding.

Stop waffling. Just because 24fps appears smooth to you in a movie
doesn't mean it will in a game too. In fact it doesn't.

Start looking at what I write and not what you THINK I write.

--
*Art