Old March 8th 20, 09:01 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default "How Reliable are SSDs?"

Since Oct'19 I notice my Apacer SSD has fewer troubles ( unbootable unless repaired by either DVD or another SSD's Windows ), after I added cooling to mboard components : (i) fit a 3mm thick hsink onto cpu socket's resistors (ii) fit a 7mm long hsink to bottom of north bridge (iii) fit a AM2 hsink ( 2ndary ) onto north bridge's primary hsink ( silicone @ contact area ) (iv) reduce voltage to (AM3) cpu by 0.175 v ( cpu was too hot for this voltage without this 3mm hsink fitted ), north bridge by 0.175 v too, Adata DDR3 ram ( with hsink added ) to 1.36 v ( @ CL11, no tighter @ this voltage ). I presume south bridge too became cooler ( ; gets less heat fr cpu & n-bridge & ram ).
Now the same space holding Win 8 ( used to last 6 mth max, since 4-18 ) has lasted 8 mth already !