Old November 10th 05, 03:21 AM
Starz_Kid

Default Linksys Broadband Firewall Router - But does it have a firewall ? ? ? ?

Hello Group, I've had this Linksys Firewall Router lying around for about a
year and decided to install due to an increase (??) in virus attacks on the
Adelphia network...

The model is: BEFSX41

I installed the router A.O.K. and it seemed to work...! Then I looked in
the package and found this CD-r with a copy of Nortons Internet Security /
with the Norton's Software Firewall.

Well, I thought... if the Router has a hardware firewall... WHY would I need
a software firewall ? ? ?

So......... my question is does the Linksys router have a hardware
firewall. And why would they package a software firewall ????

Do I really need the Norton's Software as it crashed my computer after I
installed it... as a matter of fact, the install did not even complete..!

Anyone.....!

Starz_Kid...