Old September 6th 03, 07:42 PM
Perry Noid

In a sense, I thought I might be having power management problems with the
1925 prior to doing the bios... I couldn't get the battery to run it longer
than about 5 or 6 minutes, and I never heard the little cooling fan come on,
even though the laptop seemed to be getting pretty warm after half an hour
or so of use. The Compaq site said this was the update, and that it wouldn't
install itself it wasn't appropriate, so I thought I'd give it a try. Like
you, I don't generally do any bios upgrades unless there's a specific
problem to be solved, but I thought I might have one. As for reflashing it
back, I don't see how.... you need the floppy to boot from, and I don't have
that anymore! Have considered trying to make a bootable CD and see if that
could do it, but either way, I don't have the old bios to work with anyway.
Besides, I'm not absolutely certain the floppy drive is ok, just that it's
stopped working since the bios change.... they may NOT be related.....