Old February 27th 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Aidan Karley

Default Contact details for nightmare problem with Komplett?

In article , John D wrote:
QUESTION: How can I contact someone who can review or supervise
so I can get a reply or make a complaint?

WHAT I HAVE LOOKED AT: ....

Another trick that works moderately well is to dig up the whois data
from their DNS registration. Often this contains real addresses and
phone numbers (though the utility of this is declining as more people
put in deliberately unhelpful data). One of the useful things is that
there's often a contacts section for the "billing" of the domain
registration - i.e. the bean counters. The bean counters really don't
like people calling them up from the real world.
Unfortunately, your Noggins have put in unhelpful information :
Domain name:
komplett.co.uk
Registrant:
Komplett ASA
Registrant type:
Non-UK Corporation
Registrant's address:
Postboks 2094 Sandefjord
Sandefjord
Norway
N-3202
NO

Lots of use that is.
However, their Norwegian counterpart does give a phone number :
Domain Information

Domain Name................: komplett.no

[SNIP]
Organization Name..........: KOMPLETT ASA
Organization Number........: 980213250
Post Address...............: Postboks 2094
Postal Code................: N-3202
Postal Area................: Sandefjord
Country....................: Norway
Phone Number...............: +47 33 47 14 00
Fax Number.................: +47 33 47 14 01
Email Address..............:

You wanted a UK phone number? What would make you think that they have
any UK presence at all? Did the parcels arrive with a UK postmark?

PFWW, Siskin Parkway
West, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV98 9XX. What or who is
PFWW and how can I phone them?

I'd suspect that these are either re-mailers, or possibly they
hold a warehouse full of stuff for Komplett and actually pack the boxes
under Komplett's orders. They might guess that the items in the boxes
*aren't* washing machines, but they've no need to know more about them.
Part number, address for dispatch, frank it, job done, next order.
Using
www.Yell.com , I get "Parcelforce Worldwide, International Hub,
Siskin Parkway West, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, West Midlands,
CV3 4PF
Tel: 0870 780 7509
Classification: Courier Services, Delivery & Collection Services"

Looks to me like you're condemned to listen to Norwegian 'hold'
music. Calling PFWW would be a WOMBAT.

--
Aidan Karley,
Aberdeen, Scotland