Old June 16th 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wolfbane

Default Upgrade from geforce 6800 Ultra to geforce 7600 GT superclocked?

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading my 6800 Ultra for something newer which draws
less current,doesn't require 2 power connectors and produces a lot less
heat. I have to stick with AGP for the moment which really limits my options
so I was thinking of the Evga e-geforce 7600 GT 512M superclocked card. I
can't find much info on this card even on the Evga site but I do know it
only has the 12 pipes instead of the 16 of the 6800 but the clock and mem
run much faster so I'm wondering how they compare performance wise. I can
get the 7600 GT for $169 Cad and think I can get at least $80 Cad for my
6800...does this make sense?

Rob.