Old January 31st 06, 03:52 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default Boot.ini question

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Timothy Daniels wrote
The meaning of "rdisk(0)" is "the hard drive having an
MBR and nearest the head of the BIOS's hard drive
boot order".
So when one changes the hard drive (having an MBR)
that is at the head of the hard drive boot order, one
changes the hard drive designated by "rdisk(0)".
This may easily be checked by anyone familiar with
boot.ini and the boot process.

I told you how to prove that it has absolutely NOTHING
to do with the bios's hard drive boot order at all.

It does in *my* PC, and my PC is a pretty near
generic Dell Dimension.

*TimDaniels*