Old November 20th 03, 08:13 AM
SSeaW

Yup, I had a problem also with that screensaver on my 1525US. However not
the same as you. My problem would be the first time the screensaver came
on, you would hear the sound that goes with it, but if you stopped the
screensaver and then when the screensaver would come back on, all of a
sudden there would be no audio. The only way to get audio to come back with
the screensaver would be to reboot. I think it's a problem with the
software quite frankly. You are not the first person to complain about it.
If you haven't already done so, ditch it!

"Packrat" wrote in message
I started experiencing total system shutdowns about 3 months after

installing
the Aquarium screen saver on my Presario notebook. This would happen
about 10 minutes after the fish started swimming. I took it be a power
management
problem and played with the settings... no change from what I could see.
OK, I so I don't need fish!
Now I can duplicate the system shutdown with any program which maxes the

CPU/
memory for more that 5 minutes, running intense memory tests in the diag

mode
or running random drive seeks. One day I was checking Spybot and 3/4 of

the
way through it quit. I've been checking event logs, system logs,

disabling
Norton:
no effect. I thought about reinstalling the power management software and
opened a ticket with Compaq. "Techs are not responding", was the message.

=)
Anyone seen or heard about this kind of problem? All ideas entertained,
hardware
of software.

(Note: I can reboot the system and do everything else: Web stuff, mail,

print,
Office apps, you name it. )

- pack