Old January 2nd 20, 05:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default OH MY GOD: Do not install IOMegaWare Zipdrive drivers on Windows 7 x64 Editions

wrote:
****.

I was planning on simply re-installing MS-DOS 6.22 from VMWARE 8.

But apperently VMWARE 8 has a ****ing limitation too:

Error when trying to add big usb drive:

"vmware 8 the physical disk is too big. The maximum allowed is 2 TB"

Google search produces:

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/419611

KABOEM BABY.

Running into all kinds of limitations !

NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GO BIG with ADDRESSING. YIKES.

But I am not giving up yet.

I can try and copy the ms-dos 6.22 files from an existing VHD...

and maybe use some command to make this fat16 bootable and workable...

I think there was some kind of command for it

sys c: or something not sure !

Wow... carefull don't **** the wrong drive lol and I think this must be done from ms-dos os... so fortunately I can try and run the ms-dos 6.22 vhd and try from there maybe.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

MSDOS itself, likely has a limit for the drive size.

Showing it 2TB worth of drive, isn't exactly going
to end well.

https://i.postimg.cc/44BSNkqX/dostest.gif

Paul