Old December 10th 18, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Updating an XP box

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 06:44:14 -0600, pheasant16
wrote:

Not a gamer, just need a newer OS to run current browsers so can do
things on websites that don't accept what works on XP any more.

Should handle W7 easily.
Socket: AM3
Clockspeed: 3.1 GHz
No of Cores: 3
Typical TDP: 95 W

I'd mistook you keeping both OS. You're good to go also with PCIE SSD,
although I'd question the point with only a browser in hand.

And I'd need the real experience of running both PCIe Gen3x2 M.2
against SATA SSD for an impression of applicable benefits. Presumably
perhaps a couple times faster than SATA, although I might advance, on
a loan, that you really can't expect HTML5 to look any prettier for
it.

You'll also need more help with XP and how all that works: having an
assembled hardware platform -- in subsequent preparation of stages and
processes for "bringing it all up" into its intended final
configuration.