Old March 30th 12, 04:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

Default Computer backup

"Frank" wrote in message
Anyone used this?:

http://www.clickfree.com/index.php/p...ix_view/id/C6D

I have Carbonite til end of year but they raised price and now have
program that costs twice as much to do complete backup so I thought I
might switch to something like this.

Would be interested in other systems if better.

Hi Frank! No I haven't used it, but my Samsung Story external hard
drives came with a one click backup program. That program itself is huge
(1GB, no typo!). And frankly I don't like it at all.

I would buy a second drive and clone it with something like the free
XXClone. Make sure the cloned drive will fit into the same spot as your
main drive. That way you can pop in the clone at any time you need it.

Most of my laptops only have one drive (my Alienware laptops have two).
And I would just buy one of those cheap USB to whatever kind of
interface drive your main drive is. As this works for any kind of
computer. You may have other and better options depending on your
computer.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows Live Mail 2009