Old July 19th 09, 11:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default PB 486 on the 'net !!

Hi "metronid" !

"metronid" wrote in message

If you are willing to install an exeperimental bios by me

***
If I had multiples of this machine, I certainly would, but see below.......

In any case it worked for me until the grim computer reaper came.

*******

.....and that is the reason I would not be interested in flashing the BIOS. I
fight the grim reaper everyday, and only come out a winner about 17% of the
time.

This particular 486 Packard Bell tower is probably the only one left on
EartH.
(possibly)
I'm going to leave it alone, and fully functional. I *have* tinkered with my
Pentium Packard Bells' extensively. Matter of fact, I installed a Mr. Bios
BIOS on one of 'em, and it's impossible to go back to the PB BIOS. Even with
a program designed solely to force flash the BIOS, I can't get it done. But
no worries, I was just tinkering with that particular motherboard and the
Evergreen 400MHz CPU ( and stuff ).

--
bobwatts

Watts Carburetion Service
WhizzBang Computers
" collector of Asian transfat plastic trinkets ! "
EartH // KlaXXoN