Old March 5th 05, 05:50 PM
Tom Scales

Nah, who cares? Nothing important on the drive -- just the Operating
System.

Tom
ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
Tom,

Count your blessings. Then shop, quickly, for a replacement drive. A
5-year-old Bigfoot is living on borrowed time, much like a patient who has
been
told by the doctor that the disease is fatal. The Bigfoot drives have
irreversible birth defects... Ben Myers

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:16:16 GMT, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

While I agree with you, I have a Presario 5600 still running its original
Bigfoot!
ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
One more thing... "Presario 5555" does not show up as a model on the
HPaq
web
site, but Google turns it up and says it is a Pentium III tower system
with a
13.5GB drive. The system is old enough to have used the absolutely
wretched
piece-of-junk 5-and-a-quarter-inch Quantum Bigfoot drive. If your
system
has
one of the Quantum Bigfoot drives, replace it! Do not pass go, do not
collect
$200. Replace the damned drive. The Bigfoot has one of the worst
reliability
records in the industry, all because of its original design, which is a
tale too
long to tell in this newsgroup... Ben Myers

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:37:24 GMT, "Tzuraster"

wrote:

Hi,

I've recently been geetting a strange clicking sound from my 4 year-old
Presario (like something switching on and off -- much like the sound you
get
coming out of standby mode). I'm pretty familiar with the noises it
makes,
and this is new and ominous. :-) Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Tzuraster.