Old September 20th 15, 12:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default No automatic fan spinups on my very old ATI Radeon 4870 video card in Windows XP Pro SP3?

Ant wrote:
So far, no lock ups and weirdness with the force fan spin from causal
usage. I have not tried gaming. I rarely game though.

I'm glad all is well.

Yep, we'll see. I am surprised this video card still works well.

I tried the free weekend of Dead Island, I had the same crashes. Argh! I
even manually set the fan to 100%. Same results.

So, I decided to play another old game I used to play: Command & Conquer
3: Kane's Wrath. I had no problems after a couple hours. What the frak?
:/

OK, I reproduced the same issue with old Crysis 1 by idling during my
late lunch. It looks like I need to clear my out dusty computers too. :/
--
Quote of the Week: "Ants can lift up to 50 times their own weight. And
your monitor is missing. Time to bring out the bugspray." --BBspot's