Old April 6th 07, 08:52 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage
Maxim S. Shatskih

Default Raid0 or Raid5 for network to disk backup (Gigabit)?

ext2/ext3 has a system of "features" which can be added

So, 4GB files for ext2 is one of these additional features? OK, thanks, will
know this.

*clean* EXT3 filesystems). IIRC NTFS has something not that
dissimilar...

NTFS is more like ReiserFS. From what I've read on ReiserFS design - it is just
plain remake based on the same ideas as NTFS - attribute streams, B-tree
directories, MFT etc.

NTFS just predates ReiserFS by around 10 years, which is a clear sign of
"substandard technologies used by MS" :-) The only competitors to NTFS that
time of 1993 were VMS's filesystem and Veritas's product for Solaris.

(It depends on block size but unpatched 2.4 and earlier has a hard
limit at 2TB

So, I'm not this wrong. 2TB limit was there very small time ago.

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation

http://www.storagecraft.com