Old October 10th 04, 07:56 PM
JK

Nicholas wrote:

I have a 1 year old machine with a 2500 Athalon XP 510mb ram and SATA
hard drive. Assuming my Mobo is capable, what kind of improvement could
I expect if I upgraded to a 3200 Athalon 400? Would there be a
perceivable difference?

What applications do you run? For games, you are much better off buying a new
motherboard and getting an Athlon 64. 510 meg? Does your system have graphics integrated
on the motherboard? If so, you might want to invest in a $30-100 graphics card(see if you
have an AGP port or not).Going from an Athlon XP2500+ to an XP 3200+ won't give you that
much performance boost.