Old April 5th 04, 05:23 PM
Kevin Lawton

Thanks, JAD.
I don't have SATA. Not on the board and can't afford the expensive drives
anyway.
Expected that loading the m/board drivers would be the next step once the
system had booted Windows 2000 properly, but it didn't get that far. Would
have expected that Windows default 'vanilla' drivers would get the system
booting - but with just basic graphics and slow IDE. Any need for drivers
should have shown once Windows 2000 was running for the first time,
shouldn't it ? If that isn't the case then how can I get round the problem
?
The system has so far been 'minimal build' - just mobo, proc, memory,
graphics, floppy and hard drive - to keep it simple. Once that was working
then I'd add other bits (CDRW, DVD, sound, SCSI) one at a time.
Still lost and confused by this problem as the system works fine in DOS,
booted from either floppy or HD.
Kevin.