Old May 25th 12, 05:28 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.windows7.general
Ken Blake[_2_]

Default Partitioning a 2tb hd for Windows 7 64 bit

On Fri, 25 May 2012 08:50:35 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

What is the best way to partition a 2tb hard drive for Windows 7 64
bit? I am thinking of a small "C" drive for Windows and programs
and a big "D" for all my data. Another possibility is a small "C"
drive for Windows. A medium sized "D" for my programs and a big "E"
for all my data.

Which do you think is better? What size do you think I should make
each logical drive? Thank you in advance for all replies.

You might want to read this article I've written: "Understanding Disk
Partitioning" at
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=326

It can give you some guidance on what to do.