Old October 21st 11, 01:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DMP[_5_]

Default Problems updating display driver GEForce 8600GT

Am attempting to update the display driver for a family members PC.

The system is runs Win7 64 bit, and it looks like a Windows generic
video driver is installed. I could not find anything in control panel to
remove. I uninstalled the card from Device Manager and attempted to
install the newest WHQL driver downloaded from Nvidia's site.

I got the message during the install that Windows could not find
compatible graphics hardware and the generic driver was reinstalled on
reboot.

Can someone give me a hand insolving this issue? Thanks.

D.