Old February 18th 05, 10:01 AM
Christo

Default OT - free news servers...?

hi

my current news server

news.individual.net is changing to a charge service

of about £5 a year, which is peanuts, but if i can help it i would rather
stay on a free server

so can anyone tell me of any good free usenet servers that allow posting and
reading

i would e grateful for the help, i'v looked around on google alot the last 2
days and found nothing but free servers that don't allow posting or free
servers that do allow posting but dont allow reading (dunno how that works)

and a few that require you do buy a client in order to get freee usenet,
which isnt actually free really is it

i know this is OT but i couldn't think of a relevant place to post it, and
we are all using usenet then surely posting anywhere on usenet about usenet
is alright?

and im sure the people here know more about it than the people in
alt.culture.usenet to name but one.... that place is dead. no posters hardly

anyhow if anyone could help me out... cheers