Old March 8th 17, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Paul[_28_]

Default How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

Mayayana wrote:
"Paul" wrote

| The cartridges should cap themselves when in the parked position.
| Something has to cover the orifices, or they'd clog even faster
| than that.

That's news to me. I have an HP Envy 5660 that I mostly
only use for business contracts and the like, leaving
it turned off otherwise. I probably use it about once per
month. Sometimes every two months. Recently it began
fading, worse with each print, until there was very little
printed on the page. But the cartridges are both full and
not very old. The self-cleaning routines had no effect. I
found advice online to soak the jets in warm water and
dab them on a paper towel. That worked. Though the
color print quality is still not perfect.

It may be that the unusually dry Winter weather has
caused the problem, but I wouldn't trust the printer itself
to keep the cartridges functioning by "parking" them.

I wonder if maybe removing and wrapping in plastic
wrap, perhaps in the fridge, would be a good method.

The white tray underneath the carts, seen on the right
here, may have something to do with it. I have a different
model, and the white tray underneath seems to be pressed
up against the cartridge. At some point in the travel of
the carts, there is supposed to be a sponge somewhere.
But you'll notice the white tray seems to move around
a bit, and I can't tell what that action is for. I
can't see the printing face of the cart, when it's parked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreQA6rKSJo

Paul