Old March 8th 17, 02:33 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Rossmann

Default How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

In article , NONONOmisc07
@bigfoot.com says...

Is there a command line that would print one picture from my files using
an Epson printer?
a Brother printer?

I should have thought of this earlier, but I need something to keep the
ink jet printers from drying out while I'm gone. Isn't 11 weeks enough
time to do that?

I thought I'd make a bat file that would run once a month that would
print, I guess, the same photo each time, but it's only 2 copies.

A properly parked printer shouldn't really dry out much if it all. If
you will not be printing for a few weeks, turn the printer off with it's
own power button. That should guarantee it's fully parked and sealed. If
the computer or network it's connected to is left on, you may even want
to then unplug it from power to guarantee nothing wakes it up. If you
unplug at the outlet (not just unplug an external supply), you also
guarantee using 0W of power.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross