Old April 7th 16, 11:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Default partitions

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:27:08 PM UTC-5, scbs29 wrote:
Hello
I have a PB iXtreme X6620 UK which when I had it had Windows 7 Home
64-bit installed. The C: drive consisted of 3 partitions, PQSERVICE,
SYSTEM RESERVED and the rest of the drive with Win7.
I installed Windows 7 Professional, but left the partitions as they
were. The SYSTEM RESERVED partition is marked as active. Am I correct
in assuming that bootup starts with the SYSTEM RESERVED partition as
the active one ?
Since I will never revert to Win7 Home, I want to remove these first
two partitions and extend the WIn7 Pro partition to cover them and
make this partition active.
If I do this, will this affect the system booting ? Will I have to
reset MBR ? Will I have to modify the BIOS to boot from the new active
partition?
Any adviced gratefully received
TIA

--