Old October 16th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers

Default Telepath for Windows with X2 modem

I think I would talk to the condo management and tell them flat out that the
phone lines inside the condo are substandard. The phone company is capable of
testing the entire phone line, and the electrician who wired the inside of the
condo needs to look at the quality of the phone wiring job.

If you have two or more phone jacks, what happens when you plug the computer
into a different phone jack?

Is it possible where you live to get either cable internet or DSL at a
reasonable price? ... Ben Myers

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:11:13 -0400, "Thomas Callaghan"
wrote:

I know this is old stuff, but I've been kicking my G6 around since 98 with a
PN6000728 X2 modem, PN6000566 Enq sound card and MegaPhone (which I love)
telephony software. Before we moved I always connected at 52+kbs and had few
problems, bur then in the new(brand new condo) I had all kinds of problems
with 28.8 kbs connections and associated computer hardware. I suspected the
sound card, the modem, and the software. Even bought replacement OEM modem
and sound cards and played switcheroo till I don't know which are installed,
but I think the original cards are back in the box. I installed the driver
quoted here xxx 7502725V, which really isn't designed for the Gateway
Telepath modem part, but I did get 44kbs connections. Still it took a long
time to boot, 3 minutes and going to different web pages was slow and
tedious. Finally, I fdisk, reformated, reinstalled W98SE and all my
software, including Office 2000 Professional, but DISCONNECTED the phone I
had in the system and voila! Everything works with the correct modem driver,
V90 upgrade for the Telepath modem from www.gw2k.com. The telephony
software works fine and the computer is faster than ever in all respects.
Now the bad news. The modem shows connect speed of 28.8kbs, but the computer
is faster as it ever was and I'm happy.

in message om...
Thanks

mdp wrote: