Old July 29th 05, 12:41 AM
stevem

"Desyfa" wrote in message
oups.com...
I didn't get anything from Maplins...they're rubbish and expensive.
I've just seen the TruePower 550W on Overclockers, but its around
£90...I was hoping to spend £50 max. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Theres an Enermax 535W for about £65 this week on
overclockers, which doesn't look too bad.

-adam

Adam,
Sorry, but as has been said many times both on this newsgroup and elsewhere,
it's false economy to spend hundreds of pounds on processor, memory, video
card, etc., and then scrimp on the PSU. Like everything else, you get what
you pay for (to some extent, at least). The reason I went for the
TrueControl is specifically because it allows me to adjust the voltages
precisely; PSUs in general tend to err on the safe side, and provide power
at 2-3% below stated values. I had an Enermax 435, which should have been
OK, but which would occasionally drop (I think it was 5V) slightly below 5%
tolerance, so I decided to bite the bullet and get a supply which should
keep me going for some years to come. Having said that, the Enermax 535
should be fine, and the price sounds quite good.
Regards,
Steve.