Old August 19th 04, 09:14 AM
Kamil Urban

Sharanga Dayananda wrote in message ...
Try setting yer speaker output mode to "Digital Output Only" in Surround
Mixer when playing back DVDs. Since yer say it work with PowerDVD
decoding the sound in 2 and 4 speaker modes, I'm guessing you have a
Live!5.1 series card.

If that is the case make sure that AC-3 decode is unchecked in advanced
options in the speaker configuration applet.

Hi Thanks for your answer. "Digital Output Only" is checked. My card
is the SBLive! Platinium version not the Live!5.1. As for the AC-3
decode I read about this option a couple of times but I can't seem to
find it in my settings. I am using the surround mixer ver. 2.00.29
which is said to be the newest version for this card. On Creatives
site there is an article in the Knowledgabase which is about disabling
AC-3 decoding but it refers to another program (the interface looks
different). If you have any idea what the problem is I would be
gratefull!
Greetings!
Kamil