Old September 7th 03, 05:20 AM
abby winters

In article , says...
I use a Iiyama 22" monitor with a Nvidia Quadro2 Pro card, I decided to
try 2048 x 1536 and it would be too small to read properly. At that
resolution it changed to 16bit colour mode from 32bit.

The highest resolution you would want to comfortably use on a 22"
monitor is probably 1600 x 1200.

bah. How can you say something like that? For you, maybe, for others,
well, it just comes down to personal preferance. I am at 2048x1536, I
use it 12 to 14 hours every day of my life, and I love it. I am on a
Sony 21" monitor.

I am using a Matrox Pahelia (sp?), and it's fine for 2D work (never done
any 3d stuff on this machine), running at 2048x1536, 32bit colour, 75Hz.
Some ppl say they can see my screen flickering, but it does not bother
me...

Recommended.

abby
www.abbywinters.com