Old October 23rd 04, 09:59 PM
Anomaly

"Peter" wrote in message
Ghost 8.0 can read and write images from/to NTFS while system is booted in
DOS mode.

Ghost is (was?) a great program. I had recently come to the conclusion that
I would no longer use Norton products but, believing that there was no way
Symantec could screw up Ghost, I recently upgraded to Ghost 9. I was wrong
and am awaiting my refund. I have Acronis TI7, which is pretty good and am
considering BING as well, but, paranoid that I am, I would like to keep
backward compatibility.

"Anomaly" wrote in message

"Bob Willard" wrote in message
Anomaly wrote:
Is there anyway to convert an NTFS partition back to FAT 32? If so,
any
caveats to doing so?

Thanks!
Anom

XP has no built-in way to do so, other than backing up all needed
files,
then reinstalling XP, then restoring all those files.

There are non-M$ tools that can convert NTFS to FAT32. But first, you
should think seriously about why you want to switch back to a
relatively
primitive filesystem.
--
Cheers, Bob

I have a small network in my home/office, 2 of which are my main
machines.
On these two machines, I have several drives with multiple partitions.

Some
are NTFS, some are FAT32. I hesitate to convert all to FAT32 due to DOS
inaccessibility. The partitions that I *did* convert are for Video and

ghost
images. What I discovered that I don't like about NTFS for the imaging
partitions is that it limits my choice of programs to restore (and thus
write) images. I have several imaging programs, amongst them those that

have
will read from NTFS drives (Acronis TI for example), but I would like to
maintain compatibility with the DOS imaging programs and really see no
reason to maintain NTFS for an imaging partition. Am I missing something

in
that regard?

Thanks,

Anom