Old June 25th 03, 01:15 AM
Jim

Model 5T020H2

"HddGuru" wrote in message
om...
Hi Jim,

What model do you have?

Hd

"Jim" wrote in message

Apologies if this has been asked before, I am new to all of this.

I have a Maxtor 20GB Hard Drive 7200.

Manufactured in Feb 2001, and has worked fine until I did a computer

restart
the other day. Suddenly it is not recognised, says no bootable drive.

went to the Maxtor website and downloaded a Maxtor Diagnostic Floppy,

and
this said the drive was fine, as it passed all tests. Yet it still will

not
boot the computer :-( Says not bootable.

I am using an old 1GB drive to get online, by the way.

If I connect the 20GB as a Slave (removing the jumpers to do so) - it

shows
the drive detected when booting up.

BUT - in My Computer, it does not appear at all. Also does not appear

in
DOS.

I am going crazy, don't know what to do next. I have so much precious

data
that I need to recover at least.