Old January 10th 18, 11:04 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Why is a smaller folder taking longer to be backed up than alarger one?

On 1/9/2018 3:25 AM, VanguardLH wrote:
Disable your anti-virus and redo the backup to see if the AV was getting
in the way. Do you have more than one anti-virus or anti-malware
program installed? Despite their claim (like MalwareBytes saying their
compatible with Avast), that's not true. If you install multiple
anti-virus/malware programs, only one should be active at a time (i.e.,
its real-time scanner is running) while the others should be quiescent.
The others should only be used as on-demand or manual scanners. I've
seen where conflicting AVs would trigger each other to scan the same
file that one had opened for inspection, the other detects the file
access so it scanned the file, and it went back and forth between the
AVs while accumulating thousands of file I/O in the first couple of
minutes all the while slowing the system.

No, the AV has long since been excluded from checking this folder, way
back when I was still running Windows 7 or maybe even XP. I'm just using
Defender here, so it was disabled back in the Security Essentials days.

I don't run any other real-time malware defenders, I just run them on as
needed basis from time to time.

Yousuf Khan