Old February 29th 08, 07:47 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
alo

Default 250GB external HD - Acronis and growing file collection

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:02:13 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Nope, that type of backup does create separate files, essentially so
you can restore from any level of the backup. That can be handy at
times when you cant be sure when a problem developed in the system
being backed up and you want to try the various backups to see when
the problem was introduced to the system being backed up.

I take it either my expectations were wrong, or
I have not chosen the correct backup procedure...

Yes, you should have told it to do a full backup every day to get the result you want.

or does it not work like this?

That is correct, it doesnt do what you want, by design.

Well a full backup is what I want then...... Thanks